|Location:||Franklin Park, IL|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits package with matched 401(k)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Facility:||Aallied Die Casting Franklin Park IL|
|Description:||Currently seeking a strong Process Technician for 3rd shift. Die Casting experience is a must!|
|Duties:||• Report directly to the Director of Process Control for die casting process control concerns.|
• Work with Production, Engineering, and Quality to control the die casting process, produce high quality castings and resolve quality and/or die cast machine operation problems.
• Check that all encoders / transducers are transmitting information to the Shotscope System at the beginning and end of each shift.
• Constantly monitor the die cast process (through the Shotscope system) and die cast machine performance to ensure a stable die casting process.
• Verify that the die cast machine is set according the Die Cast Machine Set Up Sheet.
• Prepare and update Die Cast Set Up Sheets by part number, sleeve number and machine.
• Complete the Process Control Evaluation Sheet to determine the ideal parameters for a specific process.
• Monitor the die cast spray concentration on a daily basis.
• Respond to immediate Die Casting concerns as necessary.
• Trouble shoot the die casting process to reduce and/or eliminate quality problems.
• Document any problems/occurrences related to die cast process control on the Running History Problems Report.
• Communicate any die casting problems to the following shift.
• Initiates Change to Process Request(s) as needed.
• Develop processes to manufacture new products and adapt existing processes to improve and/or reduce the cost of producing die castings.
• Conduct machine capability studies on a semiannual frequency and generate graphs to compare against previous data.
• Assist in D.O.E’s to generate continuous improvement in manufacturing and quality of die cast product.
• Report needs for Corrective / Preventive Action to the Director of Process Control and/or the Director of Quality Assurance.
• Education Minimum: High School Diploma, with concentration in math and science curriculums.
• One year experience in die casting / production industry in production or process areas.
• Training in the use of the Shotscope System.
• Ability to read, write & speak English & Spanish proficiently.
• Certification in various NADCA die cast process courses, including Die Casting Defects, Process control and Thermal Aspects of Process Control.
• Training in Statistical Process Control.
• Ability to read & understand blueprints.
• Mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with die cast machine set ups.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.